Dennis Lance K3 (145) from 1950
- Dennis Lance K3 (1950)
- East Lancashire Coachbuilders 51 seat lowbridge
- Dennis O6, 7.6 litres, direct injection, 24
- 2 plate clutch and 5 speed crash gearbox with
- One of forty similar vehicles bought by Aldershot
& District between 1948 and 1952. This bus, 145 (GOU 845) entered service
on 1st June 1950 and worked at Hindhead depot, covering over 640,000 miles
with the company. In 1962 the bus was sold to Marchwood Motorways, a Southampton
coach operator for use on school and works contracts.
- Bought for preservation by the present owner
in October 1964. Restoration over the intervening years has included three
repaints, replacement of the engine, overhaul of axles, brakes and other
odd jobs. Since 1988, 145 has been used at a number of bus "running
days" where buses from earlier times operate in service to recreate
the history and nostalgia of public transport as it was in the 1950's.
- Back to Index
- © Copyright by ADBIG
All Rights Reserved.